“Seoul-ful,” glowing skin can be easy as 1,2,3!
When it comes to skincare, it’s a known fact that South Koreans have all figured it out. From our K-pop/K-drama idols to the fashionable Koreans we see on the sidewalk, it’s apparent that these ladies and gents know their skincare well.
If you may or may not know, Korean’s have a meticulous step-by-step skincare routine to achieve this. From a 10-step routine to the crazy 14-step routine, it’s kind of overwhelming to catch up on the routine if you’re the low-maintenance kind of girl (or guy!).
If a tedious skincare routine is not for you but you’re all about that“Seoul-ful” glow, go ahead and start on the basics! Charlotte Cho, the founder of SoKo Glam, a prime shopping destination for all things Korean beauty, explains what the basic essentials to Korean skincare so you can apply it to your daily routine.
You can watch the video below:
- Double-cleansing has been a Korean skincare trademark. You may start off by using an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup and grime.
- For the next step on double-cleansing, use a foamy cleanser to remove dirt and sweat.
- This is the fun part: giving your skin the nutrients it needs for that that glow! An essence is perfect as it is a kind of toner/serum hybrid for hydration, skin repair, and cell turnover.
- This routine’s almost done. It doesn’t mean you don’t have to be a little extra! Put on a soothing face sheet mask for 15 minutes tops. It boosts up the power of your essence!
- For the final step in the road to glowing skin, hydrate your skin by moistuirizing! Tip: find the moisturizer that has a good oil-water balance ratio.
Always remember that starting a good skincare routine starts by loving the skin your in. Whatever the color of your skin is, you are beautiful just the way you are.
Like what the iconic beauty says,
Spread the love and good news!
Share this to someone you care about.