Actress Anne Curtis and restaurateur Erwan Heussaff got married on November 12, 2018 at the beautiful place of Queenstown, New Zealand. The wedding is set in a rustic theme in a grove and believed to be around the beautiful Lake Wakatipu. Lovely photos shared by their families and friends made us wonder about this beautiful lake.
8 Amazing Facts About LAKE WAKATIPU
1. Shaped like a lightning bolt, Lake Wakatipu is the 3rd largest lake in New Zealand.
2. The lake occupies a single, glacier-carved trench and is renowned for its scenic beauty, being surrounded by mountains.
3. Because of its unusual shape, Lake Wakatipu has a ‘tide’, which causes the water to rise and fall about 10 centimetres every 25 minutes or so.
4. The Legend of Maori is believed to be related in the forming of the Lake.
Maori legend links this phenomenon to the heartbeat of a huge monster named Matau, who is said to be slumbering at the bottom of the lake.
5. Cruising across Lake Wakatipu on a restored steamship is a blissful way to appreciate the magnificent alpine scenery.
6. Lake Wakatipu offers year-round trout fishing – the mouths of the Greenstone and Lochy Rivers are particularly rewarding.
7. Lake Wakatipu was one of the filming location of the movie The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep, where the lake was doubled as the Scottish Loch.
8. Lake Wakatipu has been a famous backdrop of several movie scenes in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
This Lake definitely deserves to be added to our bucket list and travel goal. So what are you waiting for? Go plan your NZ trip and explore the beauty of Lake Wakatipu!
Spread the love and good news!
Share this to someone you care about.